Our Historic Church
For almost 200 years, St. Paul's has proclaimed the Word of God and ministered to the community around it. Our congregation was formed in 1833 when a group of German speaking Lutheran settlers began meeting for worship in a log school house beside Tonawanda Creek.
Among the founding families of our church was the Wendels, for whom the village of Wendelville was later named.
In 1854 the sanctuary was completed and the congregation was officially named St. Paul's German Evangelical Church. In 1957 the church became St. Paul's United Church of Christ. Since then, the church has been a cornerstone in the local community and continues to thrive by uniting families and friends through worship and celebrating God's love.